Graton Resort & Casino Offers Winning Array of Acclaimed Chefs and Restaurants
A hand-picked selection of award-winning chefs and favorite area restaurants will bring a new level of dining options to Sonoma County when the $800 million Graton Resort & Casino opens late this year off U.S. Highway 101 in Rohnert Park, Calif.
Patrons at the new entertainment and gaming destination will find a diverse, international array of cuisines for all tastes and budgets. The new restaurants, bars and lounges at the Bay Area’s largest casino are led by veteran chefs and restaurant entrepreneurs recognized for their inventive approaches to both fine and casual dining. The extraordinary collection of outstanding chefs and popular restaurants brings an enviable access to some of the nation’s most desirable food and beverage experiences to Rohnert Park.
Graton’s four fine-dining, standalone restaurants offer patrons a distinct viewpoint on specialty and universally loved cuisines and include:
- M.Y. China — Martin Yan, the internationally recognized cooking show host and cookbook author, will bring a new version of his M.Y. China restaurant in San Francisco and will feature – a full exhibition kitchen that brings the ancient arts of the wok, hand-pulled noodles and dim sum to light
- Tony’s of North Beach — Acclaimed pizza master Tony Gemignani of Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco will debut a new gourmet pizzeria that will give patrons a tasting tour of the world’s best pizzas and Italian specialties.
- The Daily Grill — A mainstay of classic, fresh American fare for 25 years will bring to Sonoma an updated menu featuring seasonal chef driven dishes that complement its classic roots. Daily Grill will also include an expansive bar focused heavily on craft beers and artisanal cocktails.
- 630 Park Steakhouse — What’s a casino without a world-class steakhouse? With top-quality, dry-aged beef, the freshest seafood and the ultimate in cocktails and one of the finest regional wine collections, 630 Park Steakhouse delivers a luxurious meal in an elegant setting. The 630 Park Steakhouse will be owned and operated by Graton Resort & Casino.
Several of Graton Resort & Casino’s dining options lead a trend toward simple, familiar food as perfected by the country’s top chefs and restaurateurs. The idea is best expressed by Chef Douglas Keane, whose flagship restaurant, Cyrus, earned top honors from the Michelin Guide and the James Beard Awards during its eight-year reign in Healdsburg. At Graton, Keane opens his first DK Wings, a casual spot where he elevates and refines chicken wings, seasonal pickles and fried chicken.
Diners who want delicious food but prefer to spend less time in a restaurant will find a wealth of options in the Marketplace which seats up to 500 guests. Under the gracefully arching trellises of the Marketplace, visitors can select their favorites—whether they prefer wood-smoked barbecue or delicate sushi—and gather together in booths and tables. In the relaxed atmosphere of Marketplace, diners can enjoy a range of cuisines that feature the freshest and highest quality ingredients at affordable prices.
Marketplace restaurants include:
- DK Wings — Chef Douglas Keane, competing on the new season of Top Chef Masters (season 5, premiering Wed., July 24 at 10 p.m.) on Bravo, puts a sophisticated spin on chicken wings, fried chicken and a pickle bar.
- Slice House by Tony Gemignani — The place to try slices of Tony Gemignani’s world-famous New York, Sicilian, and California style pizzas along with calzones, strombolis, paninis, baked ziti, seasonal salads, meatball subs, sausages and peppers.
- Boathouse Sushi — A light-hearted take on pan-Asian favorites from Rohnert Park’s favorite sushi bar and sister restaurant Kettles Vietnamese Bistro of Santa Rosa.
- La Fondita — Originally a popular, family-owned Santa Rosa food truck that expanded to become a local restaurant, La Fondita brings its handmade Mexican tacos and burritos to a new location.
- Scoops Featuring Three Twins Ice Cream — A scoop shop featuring local, organic ice cream made simple—with pure and delicious ingredients and up to 100 flavors.
- Beach Hut Deli —The beach comes to the deli with hearty and unique sandwiches made with the finest fresh ingredients and served among surfboards and beachy décor.
- Roadside BBQ — An oversized wood-fired smoker occupies a place of honor in the restaurant, which is famous for wood-smoked baby back ribs, slow-cooked smoked chicken, stuffed potatoes and salads.
- The Habit Burger Grill — Fresh hamburgers and hand-filleted chicken are grilled over an open flame for the distinctive—and habit-forming—char-grilled aroma and taste.
- Starbucks —The coffeehouse that showed America what coffee could be, offers its lineup of gourmet coffee, tea, blended beverages and bakery specialties.