Chef Bradley Ogden’s Wine Song Menu
Images by Royce Dove, Blurred Line Photography
Winesong celebrity chef, Bradley Ogden (who is back for a second year), has completed the menu for this years world-class Live Auction Lunch with the help of local catering company, Karinas Catering. The fabulous menu will be paired with award-winning Mendocino County wines. This prestigious event is sure to sell out as it is a unique opportunity to attend a weekend like no other. A celebration of wine, food, art, and music in a captivating setting!
♦ 1st Course
HEIRLOOM YELLOW CANARY TOMATO GAZPACHO WITH SPICED SHRIMP & CILANTRO MOUSSE
♦ 2nd Course
WOOD GRILLED ROCKY JUNIOR CHICKEN SERVED WITH A ROASTED CORN & BLACK BEAN SALAD AND PICKLED PADRON PEPPERS
♦ 3rd Course
ORANGE HONEY AND FRESH PENNYROYAL GOAT CHEESE POUND CAKE WITH A BERRY & PEACH COMPOTE
A Delicious Gallery of Bradley Ogden’s Dishes
Winesong 2013 (www.winesong.org) continues to be the Crown Jewel of Northern California charitable events. First, the 29th Annual Winesong will offer guests the opportunity to get an insiders view of Anderson Valley Pinot Noir on Friday, September 6th as Winesong and AVWA (Anderson Valley Winegrowers Association) present An Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Celebration hosted by the Little River Inn. On Saturday, September 7th, guests can stroll through the enchanting Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens enjoying a spectacular array of wine and food from 100 highly acclaimed wineries and 50 top-notch Northern California restaurants. The spectacular wine celebration continues on into the Auction Tents for the always-entertaining Live and Silent Charity Auctions.
Last years event raised $450,000 for the Mendocino Coast Hospital. Wine, food, art and music lovers are helping position Mendocino County wines and our event with the top regions and events in California wine country, noted Executive Director Jeri Erickson.
2013 Artist of the Year, Laura Pope, has created a fun, whimsical painting just for the Winesong Auction. Pope has worked as a woodworker, a silversmith, a painter, and used techniques from the three mediums in mixed-media sculpture pieces. She continually delights in exploring and inventing techniques while working with different materials. For 20 years she has participated in the Laguna Sawdust Festival and Laguna Festival of Arts with jewelry and painting. Her work has been in numerous galleries and museums in Southern California and Texas. In Mendocino, her work has been seen in North Coast Artists Gallery, Oddfellows Hall, the Mendocino Art Center, Highlight Gallery, Mendocino Jewelry Studio, the Miasa – Sister City Show, and other venues.
There will be lively bidding for over 200 lots featuring spectacular wines from the most prestigious wine producers, rare and hard-to-find vintages, and special vertical and horizontal collections. Original paintings and art from highly acclaimed artists, vacation packages, and custom-made international wine getaway packages share the auction limelight.
2013 Honorary Auction Chairs Monty & Sara Preiser are excited to present some unique auction lots for Winesong. Here are some Hot Lot highlights:
Anniversary Vintages of Two Napa Valley Gems
Cabernet Sauvignon from Grace Family Vineyards has been heralded as the first cult wine. Since debuting in 1978, quality and scarcity have been hallmarks of Grace Family Cabernet Sauvignon. Harlan Estate has been described as the ultimate cult winery, with its limited availability, prices and status enjoyed by only a few considered peers. Harlan Estate has also been hailed by British wine critic Jancis Robinson as one of the ten best wines of the twentieth century and Robert Parker has said since this wine debuted in 1990, Harlan Estate has produced one of Californias most impressive Cabernet Sauvignons in each vintage of the nineties. In this lot, Winesong 2013 offers a rare opportunity to savor anniversary vintages of these Napa Valley Gems.
- Celebrating its 25th anniversary, one bottle of 1988 GRACE FAMILY VINEYARD Cabernet Sauvignon (only 178 cases produced)
- Celebrating their 20th anniversary, four bottles of 1993 GRACE FAMILY VINEYARDS Cabernet Sauvignon in their original wooden box (The 1993 [Grace Family] Cabernet Sauvignon is a top-light example of this high class vintage according to Robert Parker)
- Celebrating its 15th anniversary, one bottle of 1998 HARLAN ESTATE Proprietary Red Wine (the first Harlan Estate to be composed of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon and candidate for wine of the year according to Robert Parker)
- Celebrating its 10th anniversary, one bottle of 2003 HARLAN ESTATE Proprietary Red Wine (Rated 98+ by Robert Parker in June 2013)
Land and Sea: A Gardeners Delight
MAY 10-14, 2014
- In celebration of their new Land and Sea package, the Brewery Gulch Inn & The Madrones have created a bespoke visit to the picturesque Anderson Valley and the breathtaking Mendocino Coast.
- Start out your excursion as guests of The Madrones in Philo. Accommodations for four in our Estate Guest Quarters will be your home base for two nights as you explore this hidden valley and some of its most prominent gardens and vineyards. Enjoy an alfresco lunch, prepared by Chef Patrick Meany of the Madrones new restaurant, Stone and Embers, at the Anderson Valley home of John Scharfenberger. There you will be joined by celebrated winemaker Anthony Filiberti of Anthill Farms and Knez Vineyards. Mr. Filiberti will discuss the nuances of wine evaluation while sharing with you some of his private selections including Knezs Cerise Pinots and Demuth Chardonnays. Following lunch, John Scharfenberger will take you on a tour of his private gardens which have been featured in both Martha Stewart Living and Garden Design magazines. Your day concludes in the hills high above the Anderson Valley as Mr. Filiberti takes you on a private tour of Knez Vineyards. That evening, relax with Madrones owner Jim Roberts in his private gardens.
- On day three, journey over to the coast where for the next two nights, you will be guests of the Brewery Gulch Inn. Called the worlds most exquisite tree house by the Robb Report, the beautiful arts and crafts design of the inn creates the perfect backdrop for Executive Chef Peg Davis noteworthy cuisine. The highlight of your coastal stay will be a private dinner at the home of Charles and Olivia Hasty. Surrounded by three acres of formal and native gardens, this six acre oceanfront estate takes spectacular advantage of an abandoned quarry created for the construction of the Little River airport. A late afternoon garden tour, a sunset champagne toast overlooking the crashing surf and Whale Rock Island, and a gourmet dinner prepared Chef Lisa Geer of the Ledford House will round out your evening. For the icing on the cake, Norm Roby, author of the Connoisseurs Handbook of California Wines and beloved Winesong Chairman Emeritus, will join you for dinner and a discussion of the evenings wine pairings from the celebrated Ferrington Vineyard in the Anderson Valley. As a keepsake from this memorable trip, 4 custom-designed wine glasses by noted glass artist Cynthia Myers will be yours to take home with you.
An Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Celebration: Meet the Winemakers
Friday, September 6, 2013 | 1 to 4pm
This exclusive event features Pinot Noir from Anderson Valley and tastes of Little Rivers finest culinary offerings. The focus of this celebration is to provide an exclusive opportunity to talk wine with the winemakers themselves in an intimate setting. Evaluate new wines and learn how classic Pinot Noir improves with age. Savor these lush and elegant wines while you meet and mingle with the winemakers at a seaside setting overlooking the spectacular Pacific Coast.
Wine & Food Tasting in the Gardens
Saturday, September 7, 2013 | 11am to 2pm
Each year, in order to offer a wide array of wines, Winesong invites 100 highly acclaimed world-class wineries to preview their new vintages. With producers coming from such diverse regions as Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma, the Central Coast, Sierra Foothills, Oregon, Washington State, Italy, Chile and South Africa, the tasting is truly world-class and unprecedented in its sheer diversity. A wonderful variety of culinary fare is provided by more than 50 fine restaurants and food purveyors from Northern California. Wine & food enthusiasts can stroll through the botanical garden paths along the bluffs overlooking the majestic Mendocino Coast while sampling this bountiful fare and enjoying performances of musical ensembles throughout the gardens playing a variety of styles including jazz, folk, classical, zydeco and more!
Silent & Live Auctions
Saturday, September 7, 2013 | Silent: 11am to 4pm Live: 2pm-5pm
There will be lively bidding on over 200 lots featuring spectacular wines and rare hard-to-find vintages from the most prestigious wine producers, original art from highly acclaimed artists, extravagant vacation packages, and custom-made international wine getaway packages. Bay Area celebrity Narsai David will serve as Master of Ceremonies.
- Chef Ogden will be creating the lunch for VIP ticket holders with the help of local catering company, Karinas Catering.
- General Admission Tickets with festival seating at auction and access to wine and food tasting: $100.00
- General Admission Tickets for Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Celebration: Meet the Winemakers: $50.00
Winesong is produced by Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for the Mendocino Coast Hospital. Its mission is to help the small rural Hospital provide the best possible medical care to residents as well as the many visitors to the Mendocino Coast. The Hospital Foundation has raised over $6 million in Winesong generated funds which has enabled the Hospital to purchase essential medical equipment and improve services.
For more information and to purchase tickets visit www.winesong.org or call (707) 961-4688.