Welcome the Autumn Season with a Classic Pairing of Pinot Noir & Wild Mushrooms
October marks the true change in season in Northern California, and to commemorate fall, Lark Creek Restaurant Group will offer special menus at participating restaurants highlighting the earthiness of autumn by pairing of Pinot Noir and wild mushrooms.
October 1, 2013 will mark the inaugural Group-wide Pinot Noir & Mushrooms Festival, starting a delicious tradition utilizing chanterelle, matsutake, porcini, and other local wild mushrooms in a wide-variety of chef-crafted dishes in addition to existing à la carte menus. Each participating restaurant will also showcase innovative pairings of luscious Pinot Noirs from throughout the region. These decadent fall flavors combine to tantalize the senses and welcome the crisp fall weather.
Guests can delight in such offerings as:
- Potato Gnocchi with chanterelle mushrooms, pea shoots, and corn from Chef Mark Dommen at One Market Restaurant) 415.777.5577
- Wild Mushroom Consommé with shaved matsutakes, petite sea grass, and radish sprouts, from Chef Scott Ekstrom at Fish Story(www.fishstorynapa.com) 707.251.5600
- Tavern Flat Iron Steak with forest mushroom ragu, corona beans, and lacinato kale from Chef Aaron Wright at The Tavern at Lark Creek(www.tavernlarkcreek.com) 415.924.7766
- Pan-Seared Day Boat Scallops with sweet and sour eggplant, chanterelles mushrooms, and a cumin sauce from Chef Ismael Macias atLarkCreekSteak (www.larkcreeksteak.com) 415.593.4100
- Filo Wrapped Mushroom Turnover with brie cheese, smoked onion jam, and a balsamic reduction from Chef Michael Dunn at Yankee Pier Lafayette (www.yankeepier.com/lafayette) 925.283.4100
- Cedar Roasted Salmon with roast wild mushrooms and cippolini onions, bok choy, and a mustard dill beurre blanc from Chef Chad Greer at Lark Creek Blue (www.larkcreekblue.com) 408.244.1244
- Portabella Carpacci Parmesan, with baby arugula, aged balsamic syrup, and zucchini chips from Chef Alex Marsh, Yankee Pier Larkspur(www.yankeepier.com/larkspur) 415.924.7676
- Wood Oven Baked Flatbread with lobster mushrooms, garlic confit, and brie from Chef Scott Wall at Lark Creek Walnut Creek(www.larkcreek.com/walnut_creek) 925.256.1234
- Polenta Cake with rapini, wild mushrooms, mascarpone, and sun dried tomato pesto from Chef Heidi DiPippo at Lark Creek Grill(www.larkcreekgrill.com) 650.821.9315
- Linguine with Mussels with spinach, chanterelles, garlic and parsley butter from Chef Heidi DiPippo at Yankee Pier SFO(www.yankeepier.com/sfoairport) 650.821.8938
Featured Wines will include:
- Anaba Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
- High Hook Pinot Noir, McMinnville
- Merry Edwards Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
- Hahn Pinot Noir, California
- MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast, and more
For more information, visit their website at www.larkcreek.com.