Southside Spirit House Unveils Fall ‘Oktoberfest’ Menu
If purchasing a ticket for a long flight to Germany sounds daunting, why not celebrate Oktoberfest in the neighborhood? Southside Spirit House is unveiling a delicious fall smorgasbord of Oktoberfest-inspired beers, concoctions and small plates. Available in-house as of October 1, the new options highlight the festive and spicy flavors best enjoyed in Autumn, and crafted with Southside’s signature artistry.
NEW on Tap:
- Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale 5.7% ABV by Blue Moon
- Punkin Ale 7% ABV by Dogfish Brewery
- Hitachono Nest Commemorative Ale 9% ABV by Kiuchi Brewery
- Anchor Steam Maple 6% ABV by Anchor Brewing Company
NEW in the Bottle:
- Radeberger Pilsner in a tall can
- Spiegel Beer in tall can
NEW in the Shaker:
- Autumn Old Fashioned – Sheep Dip Scotch, black walnut bitters, dash of maple syrup.
- Dead Reckoning – Sailor Jerry, La Fee Absinthe, Fernet-Vallet, agave nectar and lemon juice, with a dash of grapefruit bitters
- Vigilante – Seven Stills Vodka, house-made tomato juice, lemon and olive juices, plus two dashes of Tajin seasoning, three basil leaves and a slice of jalapeno.
NEW on the Plate:
- Bratwurst Sliders – served with whole grain mustard, house-made aioli and sauerkraut ($12)
- Kale salad – with cilantro lime aioli, pickled red onions, parmesan, cherry tomatoes and a balsamic reduction ($13)
- Flatbread pizzas – The Sunset, Happy Hippie, The Grateful Dead and The Gringo ($12)
“In the celebratory spirit for which the annual Oktoberfest is known, we welcome guests to kick off the fall season with some traditional choices and those with our own house flair,” says co-owner Leilani Brennan. “The new menu items are the perfect blend of the hearty, spicy drink favors and comfort food that everyone loves this time of year.”
Southside’s expansive selection of fine spirits includes rare, unique finds and all the necessities for spirit-driven San Franciscans in a friendly atmosphere. Great cocktails made with fresh ingredients in new and classic cocktails are crafted without pretense. House-made syrups such as roasted blueberry flamed orange peels and other flourishes provide innovative twists on a seasonally rotating selection.