Swoon – worthy Yountville is a Romantic Wintertime hideaway
When everyone else is braving the weather and clamoring up icy mountainsides, picture tucking yourself away in Napa Valley’s warmer, more refined destination, Yountville.
Set away from the hustle of the Valley’s main highway, Yountville is delectably cosseting. This hideaway village boasts a stellar culinary scene (five Michelin stars), the ideal base for wine lovers, and lodging from the indulgent Bardessono to the cozy Maison Fleurie. In winter and early spring, there are fewer crowds than in summer, and there are special experiences that aren’t available during busier times.
Pedal, stroll, sip and savor—it’s a dream vacation, all within a few footsteps of your hotel. Best of all, no snow tires required.
CabFestNV in Yountville– February 28, March 1 & 2
Napa Valley’s legendary Cabernets finally have their own festival. February 28 marks a salute to “Cigars & Guitars” with a live concert, cigar party, and showing of rare classic guitars. Then, on the weekend, more than 100 of Napa Valley’s top wineries pour for the First Annual Cabernet Festival.
Taste of Yountville — March 14-16
Taste of Yountville signals the transition from winter to spring in Wine Country, when the mustard is blooming and vines are beginning to emerge. This is the village’s celebration of the year featuring its signature street party with food, wine, art and music, plus other weekend happenings all over town.
A few deliciously indulgent ways to savor Yountville with someone special this winter:
- Float and cuddle in a hot air balloon on a crystal-clear winter day, when the Valley’s vineyards and colors are bathed in soft winter light.
- Share a bottle of wine around the fire pit at Maisonry, an art, design and wine gallery, or in one of this historic stone mansion’s cozy private salons. Afterward, personal shopping assistants will help you select art, objets curieux or some very special wine for your beloved.
- Spread out lunch for two in The French Laundry garden (open to the public) then share the world’s best jelly donut from Bouchon Bakery.
- Take a break together at Sisters Boutique, known for head-to-toe pampering for both guys and gals. While you indulge yourself with the perfect blow-out, he can peruse clothing or a bijou for you.
- Unearth a hidden gem. The Countryside has no sign and only locals know where it is. For your efforts, you’ll be rewarded with precious memories from Yountville for your garden and home.
- After your couples’ spa treatment at Villagio Inn and Spa, share a creamy, dreamy Meyer lemon curd tart at afternoon tea. Chefs on the Vintage Estate, home to Villagio Inn, harvest their Meyer lemons all winter long, and stir up fresh, house-made batches of lemon curd daily.
- Using fresh fruit, herbs, and other delectables, train your minds and palates with the help of the winemaker at Bell Cellars. You are guaranteed to savor the preferred drink of Bacchus in a way that you never have before.
- Cozy up for a movie at Jessup Cellars Tasting Gallery, where monthly art house films are paired with gourmet popcorn. When the lights go down, share Cabernet Port with your sweetie, paired with Winter Spice Popcorn (cinnamon, allspice, cloves and a touch of honey), wok-popped just for you.
For more info visit www.yountville.com