Tom Colicchio Among Key Additions To Bite Silicon Valley
Celebrated Chef and MSNBC Food Correspondent Tom Colicchio has been added to the Food Waste panel taking place Friday, June 5 as part of BITE Silicon Valley, the first-ever event to celebrate and explore the intersection of food and technology, June 5-7, 2015 at Levi’s® Stadium. Colicchio joins more than 30 other chefs and food-industry notables at the inaugural event including Chef Chair José Andrés, chefs Roy Choi and Michael Voltaggio and Top Chef Boston winner Mei Lin.
Culinary and tech thought leaders will also be on hand to share the latest innovations and discuss the future of food; the roster includes Hampton Creek CEO Josh Tetrick, Francisco Migoya, Head Chef Modernist Cuisine, and Food+Tech Connect Founder Danielle Gould.
BITE Silicon Valley Schedule of Events:
Friday, June 5 CONFERENCE at Levi’s® 501 Loft, Levi’s® Stadium, 8:00am- 6:00pm:
- Opening Keynote Address by Chef Chair José Andrés, ThinkFoodGroup
- Panel: What Are You Doing to Enable the Planet to Feed 9 Billion People? Michiel Bakker, Director, Global Food Program, Google; Danielle Nierenberg on behalf of the Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition; Dorothy Cann Hamilton, Founder and CEO, International Culinary Center and President, Friends of the USA Pavilion EXPO Milano 2015
- Panel: The Challenge of Food Waste – Tom Colicchio, MSNBC Food Correspondent; Robert Egger, Founder of LA Kitchen and DC Central Kitchen; Maisie Ganzler, VP of Strategy, Bon Appetit Management
- Keynote Address and Lunch – Josh Tetrick, CEO, Hampton Creek
- Talk: The Story of Loco’l – Bringing Restaurants to Food Deserts – Chef Roy Choi
- Panel: The Renewed Debate About GMOs – Chef Michael Chiarello, Dr. Robert Fraley, EVP and Chief Technology Officer, Monsanto
Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7 GRAND TASTING at The United Club & Yahoo Fantasy Sports Lounge, Levi’s® Stadium, 12:30-4:00pm:
- Presentations & Cooking Demonstrations by Chef Chair José Andrés, Chef Michael Voltaggio (ink), Anya Fernald (Belcampo Meat Co.), Tim Geistlinger, VP of R&D (Beyond Meat), Chris Jones and Ben Roche (Hampton Creek), Lisa Fetterman and Scott Peabody (Nomiku), Francisco Migoya (Modernist Cuisine Lab) and Richie Farina.
- The Grand Tasting: This walk-around event will feature fine wines and dishes from renowned chefs and restaurants including Atelier Crenn, Belcampo Meat Co., Calafia, Craftsman and Wolves, Delfina, Haven, ink, Lure + Till, Piperade, Pizza Antica, Presidio Social Club, Quattro at Four Seasons, Seed + Salt, Spoonbar, Spruce, Tacolicious and more. The latest in food technology will also be on display, including the Lynx Smart Grill®, 3D Systems ChefJet Pro® printer, WiFi Nomiku®, PicoBrew Zymatic®, and more
À la carte tickets for each day, weekend and festival passes are available for purchase at www.BITESV.com.
BITE Silicon Valley is pleased to support two outstanding organizations: Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties which is the trusted leader dedicated to ending local hunger, and the 49ers Foundation whose mission is to ‘Keep Kids Safe, on Track and in School.’
For more information, please visit www.BITESV.com; for updates, follow @BiteSV on Twitter and Instagram.
For Partnership Opportunities, contact Caryl Chinn, Octagon Culinary, Caryl.Chinn@Octagon.com.
About Octagon Culinary:
Octagon Culinary leverages the agency’s recipe for passion-based marketing and in-house culinary industry expertise to create and activate unique culinary events that engage foodies everywhere. Octagon Culinary develops and manages numerous events including BITE Silicon Valley, The Northwest Arkansas Food Festival and Tyson Celebrity Chef Night and enhances Octagon’s corporate sponsorship and event programming by incorporating food-based experiences, celebrity chefs and more to help our client brands connect with consumers. Octagon’s global Events and Hospitality team specializes in integrated event management, first-class hospitality, and engaged promotions. Octagon, (NYSE: IPG) is the world’s largest sponsorship consulting practice, managing and influencing $3 billion in sponsorship-related spending annually with more than 800 employees. To learn more about Octagon, visit www.octagon.com or follow @Octagon.
About the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties
Each month, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties feeds enough people to fill up Levi’s® Stadium three times. Second Harvest provides the equivalent of 1 million meals, every week of the year. Though our network of more than 330 community-based partner agencies, Second Harvest distributes healthy food to our neighbors in need: More than 90% of the food we distribute is highly nutritious, and over half is fresh produce.
About the 49ers Foundation
The San Francisco 49ers Foundation is the non-profit community funding extension of the San Francisco 49ers. Now in its 23rd year, the 49ers Foundation supports development programs for underserved youth that keep them “Safe, On Track, and In School.” Since 1992, the Foundation has donated $30.6 million to support non-profits, contributing $4.6 million in 2014, including a $1 million grant to launch the 49ers STEM Leadership Institute at Cabrillo Middle School. Website